Ugggh who else wants to pull Serena‘s hair because she makes careless decisions! Starting up a relationship with a man accused of statutory rape? PS, you played the victim. This is only one of the reasons Gossip Girl made me angers last night:
1. Dan caved. Dan was right to be skeptical of Ben. But one trick-gone-wrong from Damien, and Ben is back in Dan’s good graces. And boy, did I shake my head in disgust when Damien body checked Ben at the W party. That wasn’t what you rehearsed, you tanorexic, poor man’s Zac Efron!
2. Eberly handing over her job to Blair. I understand that we all reach our breaking point, but yours is just too perfect. Of course you’re going to Eat Pray Love in Bali with some handsome Oxford grad. Because life is that fair.
3. Can’t Chuck and Blair just get back together? Blair can be the magazine editrix, and Chuck can count his paisley pocketsquares. Everybody wins.
4. Damiens’ misuse of fragile Eric‘s feelings. I could wring that little rodent’s neck for the way he treated Eric. Now the only person Eric has to talk to is Rufus. Get this kid a friend. No, not Jenny Humphrey. Anyone else?
5. Lilly‘s not here to grovel. What fun is an episode if there is no one to be mean to?
6. Blair doesn’t seem to mind that she’s working these W parties instead of attending them. Isn’t she at all insulted by this?
7. Bass Industries. Thorpe Enterprises. Let’s call the whole thing off.
8. Speaking of Bass, whenever Chucks gets emotional and mushy, I get really uncomfortable. This is not the Chuck I know and love.
9. When Serena bought Ben a copy of The Count Of Montecristo, I damn near gagged. Correction, I damn near gagged when she said to him, “I remember everything you read to me.”
10. This whole relationship-in-the-making between Bena and Serena is one example of the GG writers taking things too far. In real life, Ben would have been knee-deep in organic farming by this point. No way would he have wormed his way into Serena’s life. Or would he? I’m exhausted. Just get to the point of Ben’s being here. Gaaaaaahd.
Image via The CW