It’s taken me a few days to sit and digest Thursday’s episode of The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills. It might be because the very thought of Camille Grammer makes me angry, or that Andy Cohen makes me very angry for giving Grammer so much airtime. I don’t usually do this, but at some point I’m going to have to discuss why Camille bugs me. Here then, a list.
Five Reasons Why Camille Grammer Makes Me Angers:
1) She’s insincere. When Grammer was informed by her staff that Adrienne‘s uncle passed away, she had the house manager bring her a cell phone so that she could, in front of her guests, tell Adrienne just how sorry she was and how much she will be missed. Camille can sympathize, people. She just needs an audience and a big ole’ glass of chardy to make it happen. All the world’s a stage, I suppose.
2) She treats her mother like another member of her staff. Camille’s mother lives 3,000 miles across the country and is battling cancer. I don’t know what their actual relationship is like, and I don’t know anything about her mother’s type of cancer. But from what I picked up at the nail salon (where Camille had her mother meet her. Not at her mother’s home in New Jersey, which might have been a more considerate move on Camille’s party. But she just SOOOOOOOOOO busy being Kelsey‘s wife and bossing her staff around). Even a restaurant where the two could speak in a more intimate setting than at the nail salon. For shame. And I understand that it’s natural for a kid to chew their mother’s ear off with “this is what’s happening in my life,” but Camille just sounds like she’s telling the produce guy how hard it is to be so darn rich. It’s your mother, Camille. Do better.
3) The fight with Kyle. The last chunk of Thursday’s episode was jus weird. Kyle wanted to clear the air and apologize for making Camille feel like ill will was spat at her (which, if it were up to the audience, would happen). Now, Kyle seems like she has a tendancy to occasionally put her foot in her mouth, which comes back to bite her in the ass in Camille’s case. One would think Camille is too dumb to pick up on Kyle’s verbal diahhrea, but wait! Our CG has magic antennaes hidden somewhere in that plastic pod of hers, which records every negative thing that comes out of Kyle’s mouth. Watch out, now. Cause Camille’s gonna use this to win a battle of wits against you, Kyle. You’re going to get so frustrated and riled up by Camille’s accusations that it will lead to an outburts. She will remain eerily calm and let you dig your own grave. As she remains calm, she tell the cameras that she’s winning. Winning what, we do not know. But according to Camille. She’s a winner.
4) The constant need for attention, mostly coming from men. We’ve had enough of Camille’s need to flirt. She sat herself at the head of the dinner table when her bottom feeders came by to break bread. It didn’t bother me that Camille chose that seat, because it is her house. What did bother me was that she insisted on telling one of the guest’s wife that she needs to sit next to him so that they can flirt. Come on! Just sit down and thank everyone for coming over to a dinner that your help made.
5) Camille’s incessant need to reassure EVERYONE that the three-bedroom, 3500 sq. ft UWS apartment in New York is not what she is used to. We get it. You have several homes and that’s great. But you’re in New York City, where even the rich have to suffer at the expense of insane real estate. If you’re so sad about your meager quaters, go to your Hamptons house and stop bitching. Because if you don’t, there will be a Manhattan mutiny right outside your co-op. Hell hath no fury like New Yorkers and their real estate.
I feel a little better having gotten that off my chest.
Image via Bravo